GoogleDocs...not gobbledoks

Sunday, March 30, 2008


I found GoogleDocs to be very user friendly. The hardest thing for me was actually deciding what document to create. 
I decided to try out a couple of applications ie a presentation and a spreadsheet, and to combine them. I made up a presentation adapted from some training notes from an in-house training session that I attended in 2001. I used the theme template throughout the document, even though I was able to change the background for each slide, simply because I liked it. It was easy to import clipart and provide links. The only thing I found limiting was the number of fonts available.
I have never been very good with spreadsheets, so this was a bit more of a challenge for me, but I think I went alright and was able to link to my presentation.
GoogleDocs could be used anywhere we already use Word, Excel and Powerpoint. The ability to import existing documents and collaborate on documents is an excellent feature. Wiki's used for updating manuals, policy documents and training modules could be replaced using Google Docs.
Letting students know about this site is the only thing I can think of so far for a use by our customers.

1 comments:

Lauviah said...

Haha, I remember these ads!!!