Twitter

Friday, April 15, 2011
This is my third attempt at doing this section of the course...as you can see it has been a long time between me starting the course and getting to this second section.
The first time I looked at Twitter I was not very impressed...a lot of the Twitter accounts I looked at were just people saying where they were having coffee or where they were shopping...just a lot of personal information that I really wasn't interested in. This really turned me off Twitter as I thought "I don't have time for this!!!" but on looking at it again for the second and third time, I have come across a lot of links that I have found to be really interesting.
In the library situation I think Twitter could be useful for advertising upcoming events and "What's happening at the library". On a personal level I don't think I will be using Twitter any time soon...it's simply a matter of being time poor. Okay, I have now set up a Twitter account and am following a few people...I am not really that interesting and don't have much to say, so I haven't actually done any tweeting yet!!!

0 comments: